GREECE: Coca-Cola HBC agrees US$200m deal for Coke bottlers
The US$200m deal, subject to regulatory approval, will add more than 100m unit cases of volume and 100m consumers to Coca-Cola HBC's existing territory.
In a statement released today Irial Finan, managing director of Coca-Cola HBC said: "Coca-Cola Molino Beverages Ltd is a joint venture between Coca-Cola HBC (60%) and the Coca-Cola Company (40%), which holds the existing operations managed by Coca-Cola HBC in Western Russia and Siberia.
"By acquiring Coca-Cola Co-owned bottling subsidiaries in Russia and the Baltics, Coca-Cola HBC will benefit from greater synergy and efficiencies brought about through the consolidation of geographically contiguous operations.
"The existing facilities operated by Coca-Cola HBC in Western Russia and Siberia are showing impressive performances. This solid foundation will enable the company to release the full potential of the business it hopes to acquire as a result of this transaction in-line with the company's strategic growth plan," Finan added.
Once the deal is completed, which is expected before the end of the year, Coca-Cola HBC will operate in 26 countries serving more than 500m consumers with approximately 1.2bn unit cases of soft drinks.
Companies: Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (CCHBC) has agreed to acquire, jointly with The Coca-Cola Company (TCCC), the Italian mineral water company Traficante Group for EUR35m (US$41.6m)....
Heineken's Bulgarian brewing arm, Zagorka, plans to invest BGN15m (US$9.1m) this year to modernise its facilities and drive sales....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. has acquired Serbian juice maker Fresh & Co. in a joint deal with Coca-Cola Co....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company today (20 January) appointed company veteran John Brady as region director....
Carlsberg has invested heavily in its brewery in the south-west of Bulgaria....
Coca-Cola HBC has reported rising underlying profits for the third quarter of the year....
Zagorka has sold its malt plant....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company has reported a 9% rise in volumes in its first half of the year, leading to a 5% jump in operating profits and a 1% increase in net income....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China