INDIA: Coca-Cola gets green light for Indian investment
The Coca-Cola Co. has been given the go-ahead by the Indian government to invest in its soft drinks arm in India.
A statement today (18 April) from the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) said it had approved the investment of US$52.4m in Hindustan Coca-Cola Holdings "to predominantly fund capital expenditure in their subsidiary Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages (HCCB)".
The CCEA added that the approval would be subject to compliance with pricing guidelines and adherence of the "issuance of shares against application money".
Coca-Cola's distribution deal with Hansen Natural may best be summed up with the old catchphrase, 'if you can't beat them, join them'....
Hansen Natural reached a distribution deal this week with Coca-Cola Co, together with Coca-Cola Enterprises, to distribute its Monster energy drink in six Western European countries as well as Canada ...
A dividend of US$0.38 per share will be paid by The Coca-Cola Co, following the soft drinks giant's third quarter earnings rise....
Coca-Cola Amatil has said it is on-track to meet operating profit growth of 7% for its full-year, following a solid third quarter....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The Coca-Cola Co. has secured a "multi-year" beverage contract with US restaurant chain Firehouse Subs....
Hansen Natural has warned that it will take a hefty charge following this week's announcement that it has secured a distribution deal with The Coca-Cola Co. and Coca-Cola Enterprises....
Hansen Natural has secured a long-expected tie-up with The Coca-Cola Co. and Coca-Cola Enterprises for its Monster Energy brand....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets