INDIA: Coca-Cola gets green light for Indian investment
The Coca-Cola Co. has been given the go-ahead by the Indian government to invest in its soft drinks arm in India.
A statement today (18 April) from the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) said it had approved the investment of US$52.4m in Hindustan Coca-Cola Holdings "to predominantly fund capital expenditure in their subsidiary Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages (HCCB)".
The CCEA added that the approval would be subject to compliance with pricing guidelines and adherence of the "issuance of shares against application money".
Coca-Cola's distribution deal with Hansen Natural may best be summed up with the old catchphrase, 'if you can't beat them, join them'....
Hansen Natural reached a distribution deal this week with Coca-Cola Co, together with Coca-Cola Enterprises, to distribute its Monster energy drink in six Western European countries as well as Canada ...
A dividend of US$0.38 per share will be paid by The Coca-Cola Co, following the soft drinks giant's third quarter earnings rise....
Coca-Cola Amatil has said it is on-track to meet operating profit growth of 7% for its full-year, following a solid third quarter....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The Coca-Cola Co. has secured a "multi-year" beverage contract with US restaurant chain Firehouse Subs....
Hansen Natural has warned that it will take a hefty charge following this week's announcement that it has secured a distribution deal with The Coca-Cola Co. and Coca-Cola Enterprises....
Hansen Natural has secured a long-expected tie-up with The Coca-Cola Co. and Coca-Cola Enterprises for its Monster Energy brand....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018