MEXICO: Coca-Cola FEMSA YTD profits up 21%
- Nine-month net profits rise by 21.2% to MXN8.92bn (US$688m)
- Net sales up by 23.6% to MXN106.2bn
- Operating profits rise by 14.6% to MXN14.5bn
- Group says its looks forward to "strong close of the year"
Coca-Cola FEMSA is confident of it performance for the rest of the year
Coca-Cola FEMSA has reported a healthy rise in nine-month profits helped by three acquisitions made in its domestic market of Mexico last year.
Net profits in the nine months to the end of September rose by 21.2% to MXN8.92bn (US$688m), the Coca-Cola bottler said today (24 October). Sales were up in the same period by 23.6% to MXN106.2bn.
Operating profits increased by 14.6% to MXN14.5bn in the YTD, a pick-up in performance on the group's first half.
In the third quarter, net profits saw a sharp jump - up 53% to MXN3.5bn - while sales rose by 20.3% to MXN36.2bn.
The group flagged double-digit sales growth in both of its divisions, as well as the integration of the three Mexican businesses it purchased last year - Grupo Fomento Queretano, Grupo Cimsa and Grupo Continental - as the reason for its performance.
Looking ahead, CEO Carlos Salazar Lomelin, said: "After facing a very tough commodity and volatile currency environment over the past several quarters, we look forward to a strong close of the year."
Shares in Coca-Cola FEMSA were up by 0.49% today at MXN172.29.
To read the company's full announcement, click here.
In the fourth part of Euromonitor's preview of 2013, alcoholic drinks analysts Spiros Malandrakis and Zsuzsa Szilagyi consider what the future holds for the world's brewers....
Even though locals still have a strong preference for standard fresh ground coffee, the increasing availability of more convenient alternatives (such as pods) in both traditional and modern grocery re...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research