MEXICO: Coca-Cola FEMSA up in Q2, acquires Brazilian bottler
Coca-Cola FEMSA has posted a strong lift in second quarter operating profit.
The Mexico-based Coca-Cola producer and distributor said today (27 July) that operating income for the three-month period rose by 10.5% year-on-year to MXN2.8bn (US$255m). Total sales for the period were up by 8.2% to MXN16.4bn.
Sales growth was driven primarily by FEMSA's domestic market and in Venezuela. CSD volumes were up by 5% to 446.8m unit cases across all territories.
"Our positive results for the quarter reflected higher domestic consumption of our beverage products, supported by our markets' strengthening economies and currency revaluations," said company CEO Carlos Salazar Lomelin. "This growth, along with our greater operating leverage, fueled a double-digit increase in operating income for the quarter and more than compensated for sweetener cost pressures in Mexico."
Coca-Cola FEMSA also noted that that it has agreed with The Coca-Cola Co. to acquire its wholly-owned Brazilian bottling franchise in the state of Minas Gerais for an undisclosed fee. The transaction, which is subject to due diligence and board approval, is expected to close early next year.
The Coca-Cola Co. has teamed up with alternative transport company ZAP to distribute its beverages across Montevideo, Uruguay....
Britvic has appointed EMAP's chief marketing officer as its marketing director....
The Coca-Cola Co. has renewed its beverage agreement with Church's Chicken in the US....
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to buy a stake in recently renamed Coca-Cola Beverage Co. in South Korea, according to a recent filing....
RTD coffee producers are broadening consumption opportunities for their products in a move to overcome the perception that coffee is unhealthy, according to an industry report....
FEMSA Cerveza has confirmed that it is raising its prices in Mexico....
The Coca-Cola Co. is looking to invest in US-based soft drinks company Honest Tea, according to local reports....
Microsoft Corporation boss Bill Gates has taken a stake in Fomento Economico Mexicano (FEMSA), according to a US Securities and Exchange Commission filing....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research