BRAZIL: Coca-Cola FEMSA to buy bottler Spaipa Industria Brasileira de Bebidas
FEMSA has been in Brazil for 10 years
Coca-Cola FEMSA is set to boost its volumes in Brazil by around 40% with the takeover of independent bottler Spaipa Industria Brasileira de Bebidas.
FEMSA's board has approved the all-cash deal, valued at US$1.86bn, but await approval from Brazil's anti-trust authorities, the Mexico-based Coca-Coca bottler said on Saturday (31 August). FEMSA said it will also seek approval from the Coca-Cola Co.
Spaipa is the second-largest privately owned bottler in the Brazilian Coca-Cola system and operates out of southern Brazilian states São Paulo and Paraná, with four bottling facilities and seven distribution centres. Last year, Spaipa sold 236m unit cases, generating net revenues of about US$929m. Its acquisition will boost FEMSA volumes in Brazil by 40% and allow it to reach 39% of the Coca-Cola system's volume in the country, the company said.
“Despite the challenges that exist in the short-term market conditions, our long-term view is consistent with the momentum that we have built over a decade of operating in this country (Brazil),” FEMSA chairman José Antonio Fernández Carbajal said.
The deal follows FEMSA's agreement in July to buy Brazilian beverage maker Companhia Fluminense de Refrigerantes.
Product Synopsis This is a detailed report covering FEMSA Comercio’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Mexico....
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Is at-home carbonation set to be the next battleground for the soft drinks industry? Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor looks at the sides being taken....
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
With challenges facing the CSD category at every turn, Euromonitor has spotted a surprise opportunity for producers, in some of the emerging markets of the World....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets