COLOMBIA: Coca-Cola FEMSA to build US$200m plant
Coca-Cola FEMSA pours US$200m into Colombia
Coca-Cola FEMSA is to increase investment in Colombia to take advantage of the country's fast-growing economy.
A spokesperson for the bottler told just-drinks that the group will spend US$200m to build a soft drinks factory in Cundinamarca, to meet growing demand for Coca-Cola drinks in the country.
The new factory will have an annual capacity of 160m cases and will make "all kinds of non-alcoholic drinks", the spokesperson said today (31 August). Construction will take two years and the plant, which will be one of the largest in Latin America, will employ 1,000 workers.
Since Coca-Cola FEMSA acquired its Colombian subsidiary, IG, in 2003, it has invested $100m to expand soft drinks in the country. Last week, the group announced a new business structure.
In the second part of just-drinks' review of 2011, Michelle Russell looks at how the soft drinks category has fared in the last 12 months....
Ratings agency Moody's has doubts about Coca-Cola FEMSA's ability to integrate a bottling business in Asia, after it emerged a deal in the Philippines is on the cards....
Coca-Cola FEMSA has entered negotiations to purchase a controlling stake in The Coca-Cola Co's Philippines unit....
Heineken has appointed Ivan Gutierrez as sales director for the 'heartland' region of its US beer business....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future