MEXICO: Coca-Cola FEMSA Q3 profits slide
Coca-Cola FEMSA's profits slid 0.4% in the third quarter
Coca-Cola FEMSA is looking to maintain efforts to grow its business through acquisitions despite recording a slight drop in third-quarter profits.
For the three months to the end of September, net controlling interest profits slid by 0.4% to MXN2.13bn (US$172m), the firm reported today (21 October). Operating profits however, climbed by 7.3% to reach MXN4.25bn, driven by double-digit operating profit growth in the firm's Mercosur division.
Consolidated sales fell by 1.3% to MXN25.67bn as a result of the devaluation of the Venezuelan bolivar. Total sales volumes inched up by 0.1% to 616.4m unit cases.
"Our increased profitability for the quarter highlights the benefits of our balanced, geographically diversified portfolio of franchise territories," said company CEO Carlos Salazar Lomelin. "As we continue to analyse the opportunities in the beverage industry, we will maintain our disciplined and efficient efforts to grow our business both organically and through acquisitions that create value for our shareholders."
In the first nine months of the year, consolidated net controlling interest profits increased by 19% to MXN6.76bn, while consolidated operating profits rose by 8.8% to MXN11.95bn.
Total sales climbed by 2.4% to MXN75.10bn in the same period.
Click here to view the full earnings release.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer