BRAZIL: Coca-Cola FEMSA confirms Brazil plant build
The Coca-Cola FEMSA plant will be located in the Brazilian province of Minas Gerais
Coca-Cola FEMSA has confirmed plans to build a US$146m soft drinks plant in Brazil.
The plant will be located in the Brazilian province of Minas Gerais, the Latin American Coca-Cola bottler said on Friday (5 May). The facility will have an area of 300,000sq m and an annual production capacity of around 2.1bn litres by 2015.
The new building is also expected to be environmentally sustainable, taking into account responsible water use and energy efficiency, the firm said. Coca-Cola FEMSA currently has a plant in Belo Horizante, but this has reached full capacity.
"We think that after building this new plant we can meet the growing demand of Minas Gerais," said Coca-Cola FEMSA's president, Miguel Peirano. "The proposal to expand our business has the support of the state Government, through the Department of Economic Development of Brazil."
Construction of the facility is expected to generate around 500 jobs.
Last month, the company's CEO, Carlos Salazar Lomelin, told analysts that it plans to expand capacity and improve efficiency in Brazil in order to satisfy rising demand and offset rising costs.
Heineken can largely thank Africa for the surprise rise in sales in the third quarter of its fiscal year, with the much-vaunted FEMSA Cerveza business in Mexico a late developer....
Heineken has said that it is on track to meeting full-year profits guidance, despite seeing net sales come under pressure from currency in its fiscal third quarter....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report