MEXICO: Coca-Cola FEMSA agrees US$700m deal for Grupo Yoli
Coca-Cola FEMSA is to acquire debt
Coca-Cola FEMSA is to buy Mexican bottler Grupo Yoli in a deal valued at US$700m, subject to regulatory approval.
FEMSA will get Yoli's two Coca-Cola bottling facilities and 20 distribution centres serving Acapulco and Ixtapa Zihuatanejo, the company announced yesterday (17 January). FEMSA will take on about MXN1bn (US$79.3m) in debt as part of the agreement, it said.
FEMSA will also acquire a further 10.14% stake in Promotora Industrial Azucarera to give it a 36.3% share in the Mexican sugar producer, while Yoli will receive about 42.4m FEMSA shares valued at MXN7.8bn.
Carlos Salazar Lomelin, FEMSA's CEO said the transaction “underscores our commitment to continue expanding within Latin America”.
Last year, Yoli, which has 3,500 staff, sold about 99m unit cases and posted net sales of MXN4bn.
FEMSA has widened its horizons in the past few months. In December, it agreed to buy a bottler in the Philippines, its first acquisition outside Latin America.
I can't remember precisely when I first saw the BRIC acronym. Indeed, with only ten years' experience of the drinks industry, it seems to be have been around longer than I have. I can remember, howeve...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts