UK: Coca-Cola faces potential strikes
Coca-Cola Enterprise workers at a distribution centre in Wakefield are planning to vote on whether to take industrial action over a pay row.
CCE confirmed today (21 June) that it is currently engaged in pay negotiations at its Milton Keynes and Wakefield sites in the UK. Workers are reported to be angry at a pay offer worth 2.5%.
The company refused to be drawn on reports that a potential strike could result in affecting supplies of its soft drinks brands on a national scale.
But one union official was quoted saying: "Coca-Cola Enterprises now faces the prospect of a strike which we believe will have a significant impact on supplies of Coca-Cola during the hottest months of the year."
A spokesperson for CCE said: "As negotiations are ongoing, it would be inappropriate to comment on specific detail at this time."
Coke's choice of Muhtar Kent as its next CEO ensures a smooth transition from Neville Isdell, and has gone down well with the company's bottling partners. But while the promotion of a chief operating ...
Coca-Cola Enterprises has raised its forecasts for this year, and believes 2008 should bring a high single-digit increase in revenue....
Soft drinks bottler Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has announced the election of Suzanne B. Labarge as a board director....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has unveiled plans to push its Minute Maid brand in the UK....
Coca-Cola Enterprises is mulling the closure of its distribution centre in Frederick County, Maryland by the end of March next year, according to local reports....
Investment bank Citigroup has raised its rating of Coca-Cola Enterprises to "buy" from "hold"....
Bravo! Brands Inc. has had a class action lawsuit filed against it on for allegedly concealing information from investors before filing for bankruptcy....
The Coca-Cola Co. has responded to a US court ruling dismissing allegations that it controlled its bottler Coca-Cola Enterprises to maximise profits....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research