EUROPE: Coca-Cola exec replaces PepsiCo president as UNESDA chief
The soft drinks trade body has elected a new president
The Union of European Soft Drinks Associations (UNESDA) has elected Coca-Cola Europe's boss as its new president.
Dominique Reiniche, Coca-Cola Europe president, has taken over the role from PepsiCo's president, Zein Abdalla, with immediate effect, the group said on Tuesday (27 November). Reiniche's tenure will run until May 2015.
At a UNESDA board meeting in Brussels last week, Reiniche stressed how the EU soft-drinks sector had helped reduce obesity and child sugar intake through responsible advertising policies and comprehensive pack information.
She added: “We will continue and further enhance our dialogue with regulators, peers, consumers and all our stakeholders to ensure that our industry remains relevant and demonstrates its value.”
UNESDA, based in Brussels, has 12 corporate members and 24 national associations as part of the group.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd considers some of the product innovations that have shaped the US cola market following news of the pending launch of an omega-3 variant....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020