Coca-Cola European Partners buys Iceland's Vifilfell
Coca-Cola European Partners now has operations in 13 countries
Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) has acquired Icelandic Coca-Cola bottler Vifilfell.
CCEP said late last week that it has completed the purchase of the Reykjavik-headquartered company as it increases its reach across Europe. Vifilfell's 210 employees from its head office and two production sites will join CCEP's workforce.
CCEP was created at the end of May, following the merger of Coca-Cola Enterprises, Coca-Cola Iberian Partners and Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetränke.
Vifilfell was founded in 1942. It operates in both CSD and beer categories. The business services around 2,300 outlets in Iceland. Brands include Coca-Cola, Fanta, Sprite, Trópí, Toppur, Powerade, protein drink Hámark and the beer brands Víking and Thule.
"With the addition of Vifilfell, our business is now made up of 13 countries and nine official languages," said CCEP.
In June this year, the German unit of CCEP appointed a new GM amid reports the previous head is leaving after he missed out on leading the new venture.
Global Sports Nutrition Market 2016-2020
Sports nutrition products include a variety of essential nutrients such as proteins, vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, and fats, which act as supplements and help to increase physical strength and st...read more
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends