EU: Coca-Cola Europe chops advert agencies
Coca-Cola Europe has slashed the number of advert agencies working on its flagship Coca-Cola drink, to make more efficient use of its marketing budget.
Only four agencies will work on Coca-Cola across Europe, down from more than 20, a Coca-Cola Europe spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks.
She said the move was intended to yield a more cohesive marketing strategy for the region, as well as cut down on excess costs.
"We are evolving our agency model to get the most compelling, effective and scalable work we can on behalf of our global brands," she said.
The agencies retained to work on the Coca-Cola brand in Europe are: Wieden and Kennedy, Amsterdam, Mother London, McCann Erickson, Spain and Senora Rushmore, Madrid.
Coca-Cola brand sales in the UK alone were GBP960m in 2007, according to Nielsen figures.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends