EU: Coca-Cola Europe chops advert agencies
Coca-Cola Europe has slashed the number of advert agencies working on its flagship Coca-Cola drink, to make more efficient use of its marketing budget.
Only four agencies will work on Coca-Cola across Europe, down from more than 20, a Coca-Cola Europe spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks.
She said the move was intended to yield a more cohesive marketing strategy for the region, as well as cut down on excess costs.
"We are evolving our agency model to get the most compelling, effective and scalable work we can on behalf of our global brands," she said.
The agencies retained to work on the Coca-Cola brand in Europe are: Wieden and Kennedy, Amsterdam, Mother London, McCann Erickson, Spain and Senora Rushmore, Madrid.
Coca-Cola brand sales in the UK alone were GBP960m in 2007, according to Nielsen figures.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018