UK: Coca-Cola Enterprises warns of Abbey Well job losses
Coca-Cola Enterprises has begun a consultation with employees at its newly acquired Abbey Well mineral water plant, warning of possible job losses.
A spokesperson for Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) told just-drinks today (15 December) that the bottler has started a consultation with staff at the Abbey Well plant in Morpeth, Northumberland.
Coca-Cola Great Britain announced in November that it intended to buy Abbey Well owner Waters & Robson Holdings, for an undisclosed fee.
The CCE spokesperson said today: "No decisions will be taken until the consultation process is completed. The integration could mean job opportunities for some Abbey Well employees, however there may be job losses."
Under the deal, CCE will bottle and distribute Abbey Well, which will be sold under the Schweppes umbrella.
The takeover hands Coca-Cola GB a greater presence in high-end bottled water in the UK.
The pouch appears to have been a packaging format for drinks that has never been either fashionable or popular. And yet, Capri Sun, a product so clearly identified by its pouch-and-straw format, is an...
Wind turbines, recycled plastics and more environmentally friendly refrigerators are some of the initiatives that have been highlighted by the British Soft Drinks Association (BSDA) to demonstrate the...
Hansen Natural has seen its share price slip by 11% after it emerged that like-for-like sales declined in May, partly due to teething problems in the group's distribution deal for Monster Energy with ...
Dr Pepper Snapple has reported net sales down 3% for the first quarter of 2009, largely due to the loss of distribution deals for Hansen Natural's Monster Energy drink, but raised earnings guidance fo...
Coca-Cola Enterprises has affirmed its full-year guidance, with business in its second quarter continuing in line with expectations....
A rise in sales and market share for Monster Energy has driven Hansen Natural to a 15% increase in net sales and a 44% jump in net profits for the first quarter of 2009....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Coca-Cola Enterprises has raised its profits guidance for 2009 after reporting a sales rise and a jump in net profits for the first quarter of the year....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends