EUR: Coca-Cola Enterprises to distribute Capri-Sun in Benelux
Coca-Cola Enterprises has signed a deal with Capri Sun to distribute its namesake drinks brand across the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg.
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) will take over marketing, distribution and sales of Capri Sun, known locally as Capri Sonne, from 1 January 2010, the two firms announced this week.
Switzerland-based Capri Sun currently has a separate distributor in each of the countries, but these were not named.
CCE has held the UK licence to produce and market Capri Sun for more than 16 years.
"We want to keep up our strong global expansion and grow at a higher rate than the rest of the product category," said Jürgen Schnabel, managing director at Capri Sun. "Wherever possible, our goal is to join forces with the strongest partner in a given region."
CCE will introduce a 0.33-litre, resealable Capri Sun pouch in the three Benelux countries, in addition to the 0.2-litre pouch already on the market. Germany-based Deutsche SiSi-Werke will continue to produce the drink for the three countries.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Carbonates are coming out of the doldrums, claims Annette Farr. The category has been becalmed for some time. But now, with a party season on the horizon and some upbeat forecasts from analysts, the s...
As the decade draws to a close and just-drinks reflects on its first ten years of publication, our editorial team picks the ten stories that defined the noughties for the drinks industry and shaped ou...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Temporary destocking of Coca-Cola Co drinks by retail giant Costco will not have a significant impact on fourth quarter volume sales, bottler Coca-Cola Enterprises has said....
Soft drinks bottler Coca-Cola Enterprises has raised its earnings guidance for 2009, but said it expects the North American market to remain challenging in 2010....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has appointed the vice-chairman of Fitch Group, Véronique Morali, as director....
Coca-Cola Amatil has agreed new employment terms with its group managing director....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has announced the appointment of a chief diversity officer....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends