UK: Coca-Cola Enterprises teams with Orchid Group for Oasis draught trial
Click through to view Oasis on draught
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has joined forces with UK pub chain Orchid Group to trial the sale of its Oasis soft drink brand on draught.
This will be the first time the brand has been available on draught in licensed retail, CCE said yesterday (11 July). The trial, using Oasis' Summer Fruits variant, will take place in 40 of Orchid's pubs until September. These include independent local and free house dining pubs.
A multi-media marketing campaign titled ‘Oasis, it'll go with anything', will accompany the trial, highlighting the soft drink's compatibility with food.
"We feel Orchid is the ideal partner for this initiative and look forward to seeing the results in September," said CCE's business development manager, Denise Starforth. "With a high profile marketing campaign supporting Oasis through summer, we expect demand to be high."
In the second part of just-drinks' review of 2011, Michelle Russell looks at how the soft drinks category has fared in the last 12 months....
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- NPD in Alcoholic Drinks
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev shuts fourth Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits