UK: Coca-Cola Enterprises readies Relentless Shots proposition
Coca-Cola Enterprises has lined up an addition to its Relentless energy drink brand in the UK.
The company announced today (27 July) that Relentless Shots, a 50ml serving of the drink, will launch in the country this week, backed by a "multi-million pound" marketing push. The serving will provide the same amount of energy as the original 250ml offering of Relentless, containing 80mg of caffeine and vitamins B6 and B12.
"The energy shot moves away from the refreshing, longer drink commonly found within energy, to the immediately consumed, big energy hit that consumers require," said David Leslie, the brand manager for Relentless at Coca-Cola Enterprises.
"Proximity to other impulse categories in-store is key to ensure success of this launch. With this in mind, we have developed sales-ready case packaging, as well as a selection of merchandising and shopper communication solutions to educate consumers on the proposition."
POS materials will also be available from August and will include a range of till-point merchandising.
Relentless, which is only available in the UK, was launched in February 2006.
There's a new impulse buy opportunity for retailers and an energy/nutrition fix for consumers in the form of a niche, but growing category – the shot. Annette Farr considers the category, and takes a ...
It would appear that, beyond the shadow of one major transaction, the soft drinks and water categories had a year of innovation and controversy. A colourful 12 months for the sector, then, as Ben Coop...
The CEO of energy drink firm Red Bull in North America has resigned....
BrewDog, the independent Scottish brewer, has appointed a finance director....
As the decade draws to a close and just-drinks reflects on its first ten years of publication, our editorial team picks the ten stories that defined the noughties for the drinks industry and shaped ou...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Temporary destocking of Coca-Cola Co drinks by retail giant Costco will not have a significant impact on fourth quarter volume sales, bottler Coca-Cola Enterprises has said....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends