EUROPE: Coca-Cola Enterprises on-track to "centralise" finance operations
CCE is carrying out a restructuring programme
Coca-Cola Enterprises has said it is on course to open a new financial service centre in Bulgaria by "early summer" as its moves to centralise part of its operations across Europe.
The new centre, in Sofia, will employ around 150 people, the company confirmed to just-drinks yesterday (10 April). Asked whether this will mean job losses, a Coca-Cola Enterprises spokeperson said the new centre will involve a "combination of wholly new hires, some retained roles and some redundancies".
"Overall, the new centre doesn’t have a net impact on our employment," the spokesperson added.
Last October, the company announced a restructuring programme across Europe, which it said will generate around US$100m in "ongoing benefits" by 2015.
Media reports yesterday quoted Bulgaria's Minister of Economy and Energy, Asen Vasilev, saying the move to Bulgaria was partly because the country has "one of the best tax policies in Europe".
The CCE spokesperson said there had been some "inaccuracies" in media reports. "A couple of the Bulgarian media outlets are reporting that Coca-Cola’s entire administrative function is moving to Bulgaria," the spokesperson added.
"It is Coca-Cola Enterprises only and relates purely to our new finance shared service centre.
"The reason for the move is purely to allow us to centralise and standardise our financial processes."
Although AG Barr was on its way to the church earlier this month, Britvic was still having second thoughts. The end of the affair leads Richard Corbett to ponder what went wrong for the two and what h...
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Treasury Wine Estates sees H1 sales, profits soar
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends