UK: Coca-Cola Enterprises launches Peartiser
Coca-Cola Enterprises has launched Peartiser, a drink it claims to be the only beverage on sale in the UK that contains nothing but pears.
The company, which owns the Appletiser brand, is targeting the pear drink at 16- to 34-year-old women. It said Peartiser contains no preservatives, additives or added sugar, and comes in 275ml and 750ml bottles, as well as 330ml cans. Packs also carry the 'five-a-day' healthy message.
Advertising, PR, on-pack promotions and POS material are supporting the launch. The pear variant joins Appletiser in sponsoring hit US TV sitcom Friends.
Sally Marshall, European marketing manager at Coca-Cola Enterprises, said: "Peartiser is set to be the first of many brand extensions that will build upon Appletiser's success since the product packaging was redesigned in 2004."
The imminent smoking ban in pubs in England and Wales is expected to provide a further boost to already growing on-premise soft drinks sales, writes Annette Farr, with more female consumers and famili...
Coca-Cola Enterprise workers at a distribution centre in Wakefield are planning to vote on whether to take industrial action over a pay row....
Campbell Soup Company, Coca-Cola North America and Coca-Cola Enterprises have entered into an agreement for the distribution of Campbell's beverage portfolio in North America....
HSBC has raised its price target on four bottling groups....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has announced the election of two additions to its board of directors....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has reported a 6.3% fall in first quarter net income, as the soft drinks bottler dealt with restructuring charges and a loss on equity securities....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has confirmed its latest quarterly dividend....
InBev has declined to comment on local reports claiming its former CEO is seeking legal advice over unpaid stock options....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team