CAGE 2014: Coca-Cola Enterprises gives 'Share a Coke' second outing
Coca-Cola Enterprises presented at the Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference this week
Coca-Cola Enterprises is set to run the 'Share a Coke' marketing campaign in its European markets again this year, with more names and a stronger focus on online.
The company, which operates predominantly in Europe, launched the push last year, with brand logos on cans and bottles of Coca Cola, Diet Coke and Coke Zero being replaced with christian names. In the UK, for example, 250 of the countries most popular first names were utilised.
The campaign ran in Europe during the Summer, before drawing to a close in September. It was first launched in the Coca-Cola system in Australia in 2011.
Speaking at the Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference in London yesterday (17 March), John Brock, the CEO of CCE, hailed the activity last year as a success and confirmed this year's plan. “Last year, we generated around 350m social media impressions from the 'Share a Coke' campaign,” he said. “We intend to enhance the campaign this year,” he said.
The company also used its presentation to affirm its full-year guidance for 2014, with earnings per diluted share expected to grow by around 10%. Net sales in 2014 should rise in a low single-digit range, while operating income is forecast to rise in a mid-single-digit range.
The first quarter of 2014 was described by CFO Nik Jhangiani as having been “challenging”, due in part to poor weather, although the impact of the period on the full-year should be “modest”.
Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and serv...
Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. (CCE) engages in marketing, production, and distribution of non alcoholic beverages. The product portfolio of the company includes including energy drinks, still and sparkl...
The price war which started after the economic crisis between Coca-Cola Enterprises Sverige AB and Pepsi by Carlsberg Sverige AB ended in 2013, resulting in surging unit prices of Coca-Cola Enterprise...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research