US: Coca-Cola Enterprises faces $200m lawsuit
Coca-Cola Enterprises is facing legal action from nine former and current employees for a total of US$200m, who claim the company cheated them out of wages.
According to reports, the lawsuits involve workers at a sales centre in Rancho Cucamonga, California. The facility is owned by the Coca-Cola Bottling Co. of Southern California, which in turn is part of CCE.
The claimants are arguing that thousands of dollars were being shaved off overtime wages by managers who were expected to edit off overtime hours from an electronic timekeeping system.
The lawsuits claim Atlanta-based CCE's local bottling operation also retaliated against those who tried to stop the practice.
Peter Santilli, a former district sales manager at the sales center, said he was fired after complaining about the practice. Other plaintiffs claimed they worked 11-hour days, only to be talked out of claiming overtime by company managers.
In US press reports, CCE spokesman John Downs said the company is not aware of problems in the California operation, as claimed in the lawsuit.
"We have clear policies and procedures regarding pay and workplace standards, and if any individual has violated these policies, we will fix the situation immediately," Downs said. "We have no reason to believe that this has occurred."
Dairy, functional and premium juices were the winners, water continued to grow, whilst carbonates and squashes lagged behind in the 2004 UK soft drinks race, according to the recently published Britvi...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
Coca-Cola Enterprises has announced details of its regular quarterly dividend....
Coca-Cola Enterprises is in talks to acquire just over 50% of Bravo! Foods International Corp....
Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc. has received US$48.3m from the settlement of a price-fixing lawsuit against several major corn processors....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced that it has closed its debenture exchange offer....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has had its rating upgraded....
Striking workers at Coca-Cola Enterprises' facilities in the US are to return to work....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020