US: Coca-Cola Enterprises faces $200m lawsuit
Coca-Cola Enterprises is facing legal action from nine former and current employees for a total of US$200m, who claim the company cheated them out of wages.
According to reports, the lawsuits involve workers at a sales centre in Rancho Cucamonga, California. The facility is owned by the Coca-Cola Bottling Co. of Southern California, which in turn is part of CCE.
The claimants are arguing that thousands of dollars were being shaved off overtime wages by managers who were expected to edit off overtime hours from an electronic timekeeping system.
The lawsuits claim Atlanta-based CCE's local bottling operation also retaliated against those who tried to stop the practice.
Peter Santilli, a former district sales manager at the sales center, said he was fired after complaining about the practice. Other plaintiffs claimed they worked 11-hour days, only to be talked out of claiming overtime by company managers.
In US press reports, CCE spokesman John Downs said the company is not aware of problems in the California operation, as claimed in the lawsuit.
"We have clear policies and procedures regarding pay and workplace standards, and if any individual has violated these policies, we will fix the situation immediately," Downs said. "We have no reason to believe that this has occurred."
Dairy, functional and premium juices were the winners, water continued to grow, whilst carbonates and squashes lagged behind in the 2004 UK soft drinks race, according to the recently published Britvi...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
Coca-Cola Enterprises has announced details of its regular quarterly dividend....
Coca-Cola Enterprises is in talks to acquire just over 50% of Bravo! Foods International Corp....
Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc. has received US$48.3m from the settlement of a price-fixing lawsuit against several major corn processors....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced that it has closed its debenture exchange offer....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has had its rating upgraded....
Striking workers at Coca-Cola Enterprises' facilities in the US are to return to work....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits