US: Coca-Cola Enterprises encouraged by Q2, H1 numbers
- Half-year net profits leap by 28.8% to US$313m
- Sales in six months to end of June rise by 4.9% to $4.20bn
- H1 operating profits also jump, by 25.1% to $479m
- Q2 net profits increase by 8.8% to $198m
- Sales in three months to end of June up by 8.2% to $2.33bn
- Quarterly operating profits climb by 8.5% to $295m
Volumes increased in Q2 for Coca-Cola Enterprises
Coca-Cola Enterprises has reported a healthy set of numbers for its second quarter, with Q1's profits leap driving a strong showing in the half-year.
The US-headquartered company, which operates in Western Europe, said earlier today (24 June) that net and operating profits in the three months to the end of June increased by 8.8% and 8.5%, respectively. Sales in the three-month period were up similarly, by 8.2%.
The half-year numbers were skewed by the company's Q1 performance, when profits soared on a weak year-earlier comparative.
Volumes in Q2 were up by 3.5% with "sparkling drinks" rising by the same amount. The energy drinks portfolio delivered volume growth of 3%, with still beverages increasing by 2%, CCE said.
In regional terms, volumes from the UK inched up 2%, while continental Europe delivered 4% growth.
John Brock, CCE's chairman & CEO, said: “While we are encouraged by a return to volume growth, we continue to face ongoing macroeconomic weakness, competitive and marketplace pressures, and a dynamic customer landscape, particularly in Great Britain.”
On its full-year outlook, the company said it expects EPS growth of around 10% on a low single-digit rise in sales. Operating profits were reaffirmed to increase in a mid-single-digit range.
To read CCE's official statement, click here.
Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and serv...
Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. (CCE) engages in marketing, production, and distribution of non alcoholic beverages. The product portfolio of the company includes including energy drinks, still and sparkl...
Coca-Cola Enterprises Ltd is focused on strengthening consumer awareness of its sustainable recycling efforts, as well as its product choice, in the forecast period. The company has invested heavily i...
With increasing pressures on personal finances, UK consumers continued to look for new ways in which to save money. One aspect of this is the increased trend of cooking and socialising at home. Produc...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets