US: Coca-Cola Enterprises encouraged by Q2, H1 numbers
- Half-year net profits leap by 28.8% to US$313m
- Sales in six months to end of June rise by 4.9% to $4.20bn
- H1 operating profits also jump, by 25.1% to $479m
- Q2 net profits increase by 8.8% to $198m
- Sales in three months to end of June up by 8.2% to $2.33bn
- Quarterly operating profits climb by 8.5% to $295m
Volumes increased in Q2 for Coca-Cola Enterprises
Coca-Cola Enterprises has reported a healthy set of numbers for its second quarter, with Q1's profits leap driving a strong showing in the half-year.
The US-headquartered company, which operates in Western Europe, said earlier today (24 June) that net and operating profits in the three months to the end of June increased by 8.8% and 8.5%, respectively. Sales in the three-month period were up similarly, by 8.2%.
The half-year numbers were skewed by the company's Q1 performance, when profits soared on a weak year-earlier comparative.
Volumes in Q2 were up by 3.5% with "sparkling drinks" rising by the same amount. The energy drinks portfolio delivered volume growth of 3%, with still beverages increasing by 2%, CCE said.
In regional terms, volumes from the UK inched up 2%, while continental Europe delivered 4% growth.
John Brock, CCE's chairman & CEO, said: “While we are encouraged by a return to volume growth, we continue to face ongoing macroeconomic weakness, competitive and marketplace pressures, and a dynamic customer landscape, particularly in Great Britain.”
On its full-year outlook, the company said it expects EPS growth of around 10% on a low single-digit rise in sales. Operating profits were reaffirmed to increase in a mid-single-digit range.
To read CCE's official statement, click here.
The second part of this year's Sustainability in Soft Drinks management briefing looks at the comparison between recycling rates in the US and Europe, and examines the voluntary actions companies are ...
Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and serv...
The third section of this year's Sustainability in Soft Drinks management briefing looks at soft drinks companies' support for and involvement in sustainability research....
Coca-Cola Enterprises Ltd is in the midst of adjusting its portfolio of health and wellness beverages as it tries to avoid threats that its core products face. The carbonates category, especially regu...
The fourth section of this year's Sustainability in Soft Drinks management briefing looks at how broadening stakeholder involvement can enhance company-sponsored research projects, while also examinin...
In soft drinks packaging in Sweden, PET bottles continue to gain popularity over glass bottles, since all major players, such as Coca-Cola Enterprises Sverige, Carlsberg Sverige and Spendrups Bryggeri...
In the final part of this year's Sustainability in Soft Drinks management briefing, Ben Cooper reports from Coca-Cola Enterprises' plant in Wakefield, UK, where he saw sustainability innovation in pra...
TCCC has made significant changes in its bottling operations, which is highlighted in its re-franchising in the NA bottling operations and the birth of the new CCE in WE. Coca-Cola FEMSA’s string of a...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research