US: Coca-Cola Enterprises encouraged by Q2, H1 numbers
- Half-year net profits leap by 28.8% to US$313m
- Sales in six months to end of June rise by 4.9% to $4.20bn
- H1 Operating profits also jump, by 25.1% to $479m
- Q2 net profits increase by 8.8% to $198m
- Sales in three months to end of June up by 8.2% to $2.33bn
- QUarterly operating profits climb by 8.5% to $295m
Volumes increased in Q2 for Coca-Cola Enterprises
Coca-Cola Enterprises has reported a healthy set of numbers for its second quarter, with Q1's profits leap driving a strong showing in the half-year.
The US-headquartered company, which operates in Western Europe, said earlier today (24 June) that net and operating profits in the three months to the end of June increased by 8.8% and 8.5%, respectively. Sales in the three-month period were up similarly, by 8.2%.
The half-year numbers were skewed by the company's Q1 performance, when profits soared on a weak year-earlier comparative.
Volumes in Q2 were up by 3.5% with "sparkling drinks" rising by the same amount. The energy drinks portfolio delivered volume growth of 3%, with still beverages increasing by 2%, CCE said.
In regional terms, volumes from the UK inched up 2%, while continental Europe delivered 4% growth.
John Brock, CCE's chairman & CEO, said: “While we are encouraged by a return to volume growth, we continue to face ongoing macroeconomic weakness, competitive and marketplace pressures, and a dynamic customer landscape, particularly in Great Britain.”
On its full-year outlook, the company said it expects EPS growth of around 10% on a low single-digit rise in sales. Operating profits were reaffirmed to increase in a mid-single-digit range.
To read CCE's official statement, click here.
Soft drinks producers in France have agreed to reduce sugar content in beverages by 5% in 2015. ...
Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s key b...
Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. (CCE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compi...
Coca-Cola Enterprises Ltd is focused on strengthening consumer awareness of its sustainable recycling efforts, as well as its product choice, in the forecast period. The company has invested heavily i...
With increasing pressures on personal finances, UK consumers continued to look for new ways in which to save money. One aspect of this is the increased trend of cooking and socialising at home. Produc...
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"