UK: Coca-Cola Enterprises, Diageo to launch GBP4m campaign
Diageo teams up with CCE for summer 2010
Diageo and Coca-Cola Enterprises have announced plans to launch a GBP4m (US$6m) marketing campaign in the UK, focusing on cocktail culture among the growing number of home drinkers.
The campaign will run over the summer and, although it will encompass training for staff across 10,000 freehold pubs, it is largely aimed at off-trade sales.
Adverts for Diageo spirits and CCE's Schweppes mixers, including the strapline 'Together for a Better Summer', will run on radio and print media, as well as outdoor and point-of-sale, the firms said.
"Last year, retailers getting behind summer spirits drove GBP3.4m in additional sales with 500,000 more households buying into spirits over the summer months," said Diageo Great Britain sales director David Smith.
"The [FIFA] World Cup will encourage an increase of at-home drinks occasions in June, and spirits are likely to be consumed in at least 20% of at-home occasions," he said.
The current economic climate in the UK has accelerated the consumer shift to drinking at home, rather than in the on-trade, Diageo said in its recent half-year results statement.
"Our work with Diageo offers new opportunities across our iconic brands to inspire consumers to create their own bar-quality drinks at home," said Craig Smith, vice president of marketing and strategic planning at Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE).
Point-of-sale suggestions for mixed drinks, as part of the campaign, will include Gordon’s and Schweppes Tonic, Pimm’s and Schweppes Lemonade and Smirnoff and Coca-Cola.
Is beer good for you? The health benefits and drawbacks of beer have long been studied and debated. But is beer good for your country? Most definitely, conclude Larry Nelson and Frank Zappa....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research