UK: Coca-Cola Enterprises confirms possible UK listing
Coca-Cola Enterprises said it will consider a UK listing
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has told just-drinks that it is considering a secondary listing on the London Stock Exchange if the impending takeover of its North American business by The Coca-Cola Co is approved.
Back in February, Coca-Cola confirmed that it will acquire the North American operations of CCE, which is Coca-Cola's largest bottler. As part of the transaction, CCE's European operations will be owned by International CCE Inc, a new public company which will be split off and will acquire Coca-Cola's bottling operations in Norway and Sweden.
A spokesperson for CCE told just-drinks today (27 September): "We are considering a secondary listing but it will be very much at a time in the future. There is no particular date yet."
CCE would remain US-domiciled and New York-listed if the asset swap goes ahead.
CCE will hold a shareholder meeting to vote on the matter on 1 October in Atlanta, Georgia. Shareholders of record at close of business on 24 August are entitled to vote.
The recent attempt by Asahi Breweries of Japan to buy P&N Beverages has led Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd to delve into the bedrock of the current ownership status of Australia's beverage industry wi...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts