MEXICO: Coca-Cola drops sodium cyclamate from Coke Zero
Coca-Cola has removed the artificial sweetener sodium cyclamate from the formula for Coke Zero in Mexico.
Speaking to just-drinks yesterday (17 March), a spokesperson from Coca-Cola said: "The new formulation of Coca-Cola Zero is the result of significant advances in food technology that were not available a year ago, when we launched Coca-Cola Zero in Mexico."
The sweetener, which has been linked in Mexico to posing a cancer risk, has been replaced with a combination of two other artificial sweeteners, aspartame and acesulfame-K.
The company claims that the change has been introduced following the discovery of "a new formulation that tastes even more like Classic Coca-Cola". Updated packaging for Coke Zero in Mexico carries the statement 'without cyclamate' written in Spanish.
The spokesperson added: "This change is consistent with our promise to consumers: 'zero sugar and all the taste of Coca-Cola'."
I remember writing about four years ago that the level of media attention in the UK being levelled on obesity may temper the threat of potential regulation of the alcohol industry as legislators sharp...
Colas may be the most popular type of soft drink in the world but they have historically been high in sugar, and are among the first products mentioned when rising obesity levels are being discussed. ...
The hardships facing the Zimbabwean population have become a regular and depressing feature of our news. Clemence Manyukwe reports from Harare on the particular problems that the country's sustained e...
The 2008 Beijing Olympics are almost upon us as we finally realise that in addition to all the brand sponsorship activity, there will be some sport. Not surprisingly Coca-Cola is one of the leading pa...
Coca-Cola Zero is to be an official partner of the new James Bond film, Coca-Cola Enterprises has announced....
The Coca-Cola Co. has opened a new bottling plant in the Mongolian capital. The soft drinks giant said over the weekend that the MNT25.35bn (US$22m) facility, in Ulaanbaatar, will be its second plant ...
The Coca-Cola Co. has joined forces with celebrity photographer Rankin to create a limited edition Coca-Cola bottle in the UK....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has said it remains committed to Diet Coke Plus, despite news that at least one UK retailer is de-listing the functional soft drink....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Brown-Forman's Q1 performance by region, brand
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- ASA bans Diageo's Captain Morgan UK ad
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Staying in the Mix: The Global Concentrates Market in 2016