UK: Coca-Cola debuts RubberDuckZilla for Oasis advert
Coca-Cola UK has launched an ad for its Oasis fruit drink featuring a giant rubber duck.
RubberDuckZilla hits screens this week as Oasis launches an integrated campaign to engage with its "20 something" audience, the company said late last week.
This latest ad in the 'for people who don't like water' series, follows on from the American road movie genre that inspired the brand in 2008. Taking its cue from movies, such as 'Godzilla' and 'King Kong', RubberDuckZilla will storm through a Japanese city destroying everything related to water in his battle to promote "variety and the freedom to choose tastier drinks".
The ad is available to preview online and will be first aired during Hollyoaks on Channel 4 on 18 May.
The campaign will be enhanced by outdoor and print advertising and a comprehensive PR programme.
Cathryn Sleight, marketing director for Coca-Cola Great Britain, said: "RubberDuckZilla is the latest incarnation of the 'for people who don't like water' positioning, which has successfully driven the brand forward for the last three years.
"We've created a visually striking campaign and used pioneering augmented reality technology to engage with our 20-something audience, offering them something truly innovative and exciting."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts