ARGENTINA: Coca-Cola de Argentina files Dasani suit
Coca-Cola de Argentina has filed a criminal complaint against two executives at Aguas Danone de Argentina and an executive at Euro RSCG Buenos Aires under the country's Unfair Trade Practices statute.
The company alleges that the people named in the suit have "orchestrated and executed a widely circulated, two-year Internet smear campaign that included the dissemination of false statements against the Dasani water brand".
Coca-Cola de Argentina continued: "These malicious actions, which called into question the quality of Dasani, have misled consumers and negatively impacted the reputation and image of the brand and Coca-Cola de Argentina."
In its statement, Coca-Cola de Argentina also said that Coca-Cola has a single set of global quality standards and that Dasani is "absolutely safe and meets all quality standards and requirements established by the Argentine government and the World Health Organization".
"The evidence presented to the court clearly demonstrates this Internet propaganda campaign was designed to discredit the Dasani brand and hamper its entry into the market, and clearly warrants the extraordinary step of filing a criminal complaint," the company said, adding that it had "complete faith in the Argentine legal system" and was looking forward to a favorable decision.
A group of 11 major food and drinks companies have launched a new self-regulatory initiative in Europe under which they will voluntary make changes to how and what they advertise directly to children....
Groupe Danone and its Chinese venture partner, Hangzhou Wahaha, have called a truce on their long-running feud,...
UK tap water has come up near the top in a blind taste test, according to local reports....
Groupe Danone has dismissed a lawsuit from the trade union of its joint venture in China as "totally groundless", and has called for calm in the long-running saga....
Groupe Danone has said it is "highly concerned" about the latest reports regarding the ongoing clash with its partner in China....
The Coca-Cola Co. has successfully appealed against a court ruling in Argentina that said a campaign by Danone had not affected sales of Coca-Cola's Dasani water brand in the country....
Hangzhou Wahaha Group Co. has won a legal ruling over its dispute with Chinese joint-venture partner Groupe Danone regarding the ownership of the Wahaha brand in the country....
Asia Pacific Breweries has appointed the previous chairman of Danone Asia Pacific as chairman-designate and a non-executive director of the company....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer