BRAZIL: Coca-Cola coy on RTD tea acquisition
The Coca-Cola Co. has refused to be drawn on reports that it is looking to buy Brazilian RTD tea producer Matte Leao.
At the weekend, Coca-Cola was linked to an acquisition of Matte Leao, which leads Brazil's RTD tea segment. A report in Brazilian business daily Valor Economico said Coca-Cola had already begun due diligence on Matte Leao with a deal expected to be sealed in a matter of weeks.
However, Coca-Cola declined to comment on the speculation. "Coca-Cola Brasil is always seeking new opportunities in the non-alcoholic beverages market to respond to its consumers' needs. Currently, it has not yet defined any new ventures in the country," a spokesman for Coca-Cola Brasil told just-drinks today (26 February).
The Coca-Cola Co. has joined a group focusing on human rights principles in business....
Coca-Cola Embonor has made a prepayment on its current loan with an international bank....
The Coca-Cola Co. has sold its stake in the bottler Vonpar Refrescos in Brazil....
Coca-Cola Amatil has moved a step closer to closing the sale of its Korean bottling operations....
The Coca-Cola Co. has moved to have a lawsuit against it in the US dismissed....
Coke has witnessed sales volumes in China increase during its second quarter and plans to focus on investing in the market for the future, according to reports....
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to close a bottling unit in the US....
The Coca-Cola Co. has finally merged its German bottlers into one company....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets