JAPAN: Coca-Cola Co's Tokyo bottlers to merge
Four Coca-Cola Co bottlers will combine to create Coca-Cola East Japan
The Coca-Cola Co has said four of its Tokyo bottlers are to join forces, with the new company making up about half of its total volumes in Japan.
Coca-Cola East Japan is expected to start operations on 1 July pending shareholder approval, Coca-Cola Japan said on Friday (14 December). It will consist of the facilities and staff of Coca-Cola Central Japan, Mikuni Coca-Cola Bottling, Tokyo Coca-Cola Bottling and Tone Coca-Cola Bottling.
Coca-Cola Japan said the new company heralds “a new era of winning in the important Kanto region” and will be one of the top five global Coca-Cola bottlers by revenue.
It will represent about 47% of total annual Coca-Cola unit case volumes in Japan. Coca-Cola East Japan will have about 7,000 staff, ten manufacturing plants and 150 distribution warehouses, Coca-Cola Japan said.
Coca-Cola also announced the acquisition of a 22% stake in Mikuni Coca-Cola, which, combined with minority stakes in the other three companies, will give it a 33% share in Coca-Cola East Japan. Coca-Cola said the stake gives it the right to appoint the new venture's CEO and some board members.
Last year, Coca-Cola upped its stake in Coca-Cola Central Japan to 32.16% after buying shares from Mitsubishi Corp.
Soft drinks are becoming a target for health campaigners in the same way as tobacco and alcohol are. Increased taxes are now a real threat. But, as Richard Corbett argues, if producers move swiftly th...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports/Energy Foods, and Sports/Energy Drinks....
This report analyzes the Global market for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Supplements in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Amino Acids/Derivatives, Herbal Products, Prohormones, Vitamins/Mi...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages