US: Coca-Cola consolidates southern bottling sites - report
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to close a bottling unit in the US.
Local reports this week have said that the company is moving production from its plant in Opelika, Alabama, to its nearby plant in West Point, Georgia. All 43 employees at Opelika Coca-Cola Bottling Co. will be transferred to the Georgia depot, 18 miles away.
In one report, a Coca-Cola spokesperson is cited saying that the company wants to move away from smaller-sized plants and look to operate larger hubs to serve more customers.
The closure is scheduled for 1 October, the reports noted.
No-one at Coca-Cola was available to confirm the details when contacted by just-drinks today (3 August).
Coca-Cola North America has introduced two additions to its Minute Maid Enhanced Juices line in the US....
Boo Koo Holdings has lined up a consumer promotion for its namesake energy drink brand in the US....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced that its board of directors has declared a dividend for the first quarter of the year....
The Coca-Cola Co. has teamed up with alternative transport company ZAP to distribute its beverages across Montevideo, Uruguay....
Britvic has appointed EMAP's chief marketing officer as its marketing director....
The Coca-Cola Co. has renewed its beverage agreement with Church's Chicken in the US....
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to buy a stake in recently renamed Coca-Cola Beverage Co. in South Korea, according to a recent filing....
RTD coffee producers are broadening consumption opportunities for their products in a move to overcome the perception that coffee is unhealthy, according to an industry report....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends