US: Coca-Cola Consolidated elects Krispy Kreme boss to board
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has elected Krispy Kreme Doughnuts' chairman, president and CEO to its board of directors.
The company said yesterday (27 February) that James Morgan, who was named as president and CEO of the doughnut company last month and has sat on its board for eight years, will be joining the CCBC board
Company chairman and CEO, Frank Harrison, said: "We are very pleased to have an individual with such an extensive background in business and community affairs join our board. Jim Morgan is not only an outstanding individual, but a proven leader with a keen insight into business."
Prior to joining the board at Krispy Kreme, Morgan served as chairman and CEO of Wachovia Securities following the acquisition of Interstate/Johnson Lane by Wachovia Corporation
Morgan has also served as chairman of the board for the Metro YMCA in Charlotte, US, the company added.
Soft drinks makers in the US and Europe can stave off soaring input costs with higher prices and more innovation, a new report has claimed....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has posted a marked slide in profits for the first half of 2008....
The Coca-Cola Bottling Co. has confirmed details of its latest shareholder dividend after beating market expectations in its last quarter....
Coca-Cola Consolidated has cut 350 jobs, the equivalent of 5% of its work force, according to reports....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends