USA: Coca-Cola Consolidated Debuts Dasani in Cans
Coca-Cola Consolidated (Nasdaq: COKE), in an example of its "can-do" attitude, just made things more convenient for its customers. Their popular Dasani water will now be available in 12-ounce aluminum cans in addition to plastic 20-ounce, 1-liter and .5 liter bottles.Dasani, which first went on the market in April of 1999, is a purified water enhanced with minerals for a pure fresh taste. It has been one of the most successful new brands in recent years for Coca-Cola Consolidated."We have been thrilled with our customers' reaction to Dasani thus far," said Coca-Cola Consolidated spokesman Lauren Steele. "We think our customers would like greater choice in packaging of this refreshing product. We are pleased to be the first Coca-Cola bottler to offer Dasani in aluminum cans.""Dasani provides our customers with a moment to replenish both body and mind," according to Steele. "Life takes a lot out of you. Dasani helps put it back in."Dasani will be available in 12 pack cans and in individual servings in vending machines throughout Coca-Cola Consolidated's 12-state selling territories beginning July 17, 2000. The Charlotte-based company is the nation's second largest Coca-Cola Bottler.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts