USA: Coca-Cola Consolidated Debuts Dasani in Cans
Coca-Cola Consolidated (Nasdaq: COKE), in an example of its "can-do" attitude, just made things more convenient for its customers. Their popular Dasani water will now be available in 12-ounce aluminum cans in addition to plastic 20-ounce, 1-liter and .5 liter bottles.Dasani, which first went on the market in April of 1999, is a purified water enhanced with minerals for a pure fresh taste. It has been one of the most successful new brands in recent years for Coca-Cola Consolidated."We have been thrilled with our customers' reaction to Dasani thus far," said Coca-Cola Consolidated spokesman Lauren Steele. "We think our customers would like greater choice in packaging of this refreshing product. We are pleased to be the first Coca-Cola bottler to offer Dasani in aluminum cans.""Dasani provides our customers with a moment to replenish both body and mind," according to Steele. "Life takes a lot out of you. Dasani helps put it back in."Dasani will be available in 12 pack cans and in individual servings in vending machines throughout Coca-Cola Consolidated's 12-state selling territories beginning July 17, 2000. The Charlotte-based company is the nation's second largest Coca-Cola Bottler.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research