US: Coca-Cola confirms job cuts are "inevitable"
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed that it will cut jobs in its North America unit by the end of the year.
Speaking to just-drinks today (6 September), a spokesperson for the soft drinks giant said that it "currently projects that about 100-125 of our over 3,500 employees will receive severance packages at the end of the year".
Earlier this year, the company introduced a new operating model to achieve growth and leadership in the market which focuses on "three core capabilities: Consumer, customer and franchise leadership".
"In order to continue to accelerate growth and maximise our effectiveness with this new approach, we're realigning our organisation," the spokesperson said. "So, as part of building and growing a simpler and faster organisation, it was inevitable that there would be job changes."
Simply Orange Juice Co. is entering the third year of its offer to give US consumers a bag of fresh oranges if they do not agree that its juice tastes "as fresh as a juicy orange"....
The Coca-Cola Co. paid around US$1.7m last year on Government lobbying in the US, according to recent records....
The president and COO of the Coca-Cola Co. has been nominated by the soft drinks group's board of directors to stand for election as a director of the company at the Annual Meeting of Shareowners in A...
The Coca-Cola company has secured an extension of its beverage contract with US restaurant chain Wingstop....
The Coca-Cola Company has announced the company's 46th consecutive annual dividend increase, it has said, raising the quarterly dividend 12% from 34 cents to 38 cents per common share....
The Coca-Cola Co. has declared a long term goal to recycle or reuse all of the aluminium beverage cans that it sells in the US....
The Coca-Cola Co. has reported a healthy set of results for 2007, with both sales and profits heading north....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has bounced back from 2006's net loss to post profit for last year....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research