US: Coca-Cola Company announces elections
The board of directors of The Coca-Cola Company has announced two officer elections.
The elections are Ceree Eberly, senior vice president, chief people officer, and Chris Nolan, vice president and treasurer, Coca-Cola Co said today (11 December).
Eberly, a 19-year veteran of the company, was recently promoted to chief people officer, with responsibility for leading the company's global people function (formerly Human Resources). She succeeds Cynthia McCague, who is retiring from the company after 28 years of service with Coca-Cola Co.
Nolan was elected as vice president and to the position of treasurer, succeeding David Taggart, who stepped down from the role due to health reasons.
He joined the company in 1992, and served in various roles in corporate auditing and corporate treasury, including his last position as manager, financial risk management and corporate finance.
Eberly's election is effective from 1 April 2010 as she transitions back to the US and Nolan's election is effective immediately.
Last week, Coca-Cola Co. joined forces with global campaign group Greenpeace to agree on a climate protection initiative in the US.
Greenpeace said that it supports the move as a "positive example of business investment in low-carbon growth".
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Are Big Spirits Companies Failing to Innovate?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Suntory sells Louis Royer Cognac for US$110m
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research