BRAZIL: Coca-Cola Co upgrades juice packaging
Coca-Cola will update the cartons across its Del Valle juice range in Brazil
Coca-Cola Brazil has announced that it is adopting a ‘greener’ packaging solution for juice beverages currently sold in regular Tetra Pak cartons.
The new cartons will be used for all juice products sold under the company’s Del Valle brand in the country. “The list includes Mais, Reserva, Laranja Caseira and Kapo juices,” a spokesperson for Coca-Cola Brazil told just-drinks earlier this week.
In the updated Tetra Pak cartons, “which will soon be available to Brazilian consumers”, ordinary polyethylene layers will be replaced with bio-polyethylene made from sugar cane. Standard polyethylene is obtained from petroleum, while the new ‘green’ polyethylene is obtained as a fully-renewable, raw material.
The switch means that Del Valle’s portfolio will be sold in cartons using up to 78% of renewable raw materials, a move that, the company hopes, will lower its greenhouse gas emissions.
Coca-Cola face a challenging situation in which economic recovery is fragile in developed markets, while China and Brazil are seeing a slowdown in sales. Consumers’ desire for diverse and healthy beve...
Worries about the health and safety of sports and energy drinks continued to grow in 2013. Off-trade value sales of sports and energy drinks grew by 4% in 2013 after growing by 9% in 2012. Off-trade v...
About Bottled Water Bottled water is drinking water, which can be categorized as mineral water, still water, flavored water, and sparkling water. This is packaged in either plastic or glass bottles a...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends