COLOMBIA: Coca-Cola Co unveils ice bottle - video
Coca-Cola Co has released a bottle for its trademark brand made entirely out of ice.
The frozen bottles, which are only available in Colombia, are made in special moulds to resemble the traditional Coca-Cola glass bottle, Coca-Cola said. The bottles are then filled with Coca-Cola and transported to beachside bars, where the company claims on its website they have made “quite a splash”.
A red Coke-logoed band stops consumers getting cold fingers and doubles as a keepsake once the bottle melts, the company added.
Coca-Cola said the bottles are an “experiment” and has no plans to roll them out further.
However, the group has been using packaging innovation across its markets to help rejuvenate interest in its core brand, as CSD sales continue to fall in developed regions.
It is also rolling-out a "slimline" 25cl can across Europe, the company announced this week.
The American Beverage Association (ABA) has said a report that claims US soft drinks makers are ahead of a calorie cut-back plan proves public and private sector co-operation can produce "real, tangib...
Epicurex, the "exotic" beverage maker, is eyeing a nation-wide US footprint this year for its coconut water brand Cocozia after signing a distribution deal with United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI). ...
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends