URAGUAY: Coca-Cola Co. to use eco-trucks
The Coca-Cola Co. has teamed up with alternative transport company ZAP to distribute its beverages across
The Coca-Cola subsidiary Montevideo Refrescos said on Wednesday (23 January) that the initiative involves using 30 of the company's low fuel-guzzling ZAP Xebra trucks to distribute its products into urban areas.
ZAP director of international affairs Fernando Cancela said: "Urban deliveries are becoming more and more challenging with traffic congestion and parking shortages. These ZAP Xebras will help Coca-Cola create a new distribution system that will be better for our cities as well as for their bottom line."
"Modified with enclosed, lockable beds, the ZAP Xebras will navigate the more narrow, inner-city streets, making deliveries to smaller retail locations. Because the ZAP trucks will operate more easily in this environment, officials from Coca-Cola say their drivers can deliver vehicles and collect payment at the same time, whereas collections were not practical with the larger trucks," said the soft drinks company.
Coca-Cola Consolidated has cut 350 jobs, the equivalent of 5% of its work force, according to reports....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed details of its latest dividend and the election of two new officers....
Coca-Cola Co has ordered a hiring freeze in the US for the remainder of 2008 as a result of the weak economy, according to US reports....
The Coca-Cola Co. is to launch advertising in the US around its position as one of the sponsors of the Olympic Games, which are due to open in less than a month, in Beijing....
Coca-Cola Co has agreed to pay US$137.5m to settle a lawsuit led by two pension funds....
The Coca-Cola Co. is offering free bottles of Coke Zero to US consumers....
Carlsberg has completed the sale of three Scandinavian soft drinks and water brands to The Coca-Cola Co....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets