URAGUAY: Coca-Cola Co. to use eco-trucks
The Coca-Cola Co. has teamed up with alternative transport company ZAP to distribute its beverages across
The Coca-Cola subsidiary Montevideo Refrescos said on Wednesday (23 January) that the initiative involves using 30 of the company's low fuel-guzzling ZAP Xebra trucks to distribute its products into urban areas.
ZAP director of international affairs Fernando Cancela said: "Urban deliveries are becoming more and more challenging with traffic congestion and parking shortages. These ZAP Xebras will help Coca-Cola create a new distribution system that will be better for our cities as well as for their bottom line."
"Modified with enclosed, lockable beds, the ZAP Xebras will navigate the more narrow, inner-city streets, making deliveries to smaller retail locations. Because the ZAP trucks will operate more easily in this environment, officials from Coca-Cola say their drivers can deliver vehicles and collect payment at the same time, whereas collections were not practical with the larger trucks," said the soft drinks company.
Coca-Cola Consolidated has cut 350 jobs, the equivalent of 5% of its work force, according to reports....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed details of its latest dividend and the election of two new officers....
Coca-Cola Co has ordered a hiring freeze in the US for the remainder of 2008 as a result of the weak economy, according to US reports....
The Coca-Cola Co. is to launch advertising in the US around its position as one of the sponsors of the Olympic Games, which are due to open in less than a month, in Beijing....
Coca-Cola Co has agreed to pay US$137.5m to settle a lawsuit led by two pension funds....
The Coca-Cola Co. is offering free bottles of Coke Zero to US consumers....
Carlsberg has completed the sale of three Scandinavian soft drinks and water brands to The Coca-Cola Co....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China