GLOBAL: Coca-Cola Co to print calories on all drinks
Coca-Cola Co has said it will print calorie information per serving on all products worldwide in order to increase consumers' awareness about the calorie content of its soft drinks.
All drinks will contain front-of-pack "energy labelling", including number of calories, kilocalories and kilojoules per serving, by the end of 2011, Coca-Cola Co said today (30 September).
The US-based drinks giant already has energy labelling on products sold in Europe and Australia. The policy is currently being implemented in the US and Mexico.
"Coca-Cola is the world's most valuable brand, and with that comes a leadership responsibility," said Muhtar Kent, chairman and CEO.
"Now more than ever, people expect facts about the products they consume to be both readily available and visible. This global commitment is about making it easier for consumers to quickly see the calorie information for our beverages."
The Coca-Cola Co this week began construction of a bottling plant in Malaysia in the first step of a MYR1bn (US$285m) investment in the country over the next five years....
Reports earlier today (18 March) have suggested that The Coca-Cola Co has tabled a bid to purchase a stake in Russian juice producer Nidan Juice. ...
The Coca-Cola Co this month began construction of a bottling plant in Malaysia as part of its plan to invest MYR1bn (US$285m) in the country over the next five years....
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018
- Bacardi announces CFO switch