BRAZIL: Coca-Cola Co to pay compensation for Brazil football ads
The Brazilian unit of The Coca-Cola Co has been ordered to pay compensation to the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) for the improper use of images in an advertising campaign in the country.
The Superior Court of Justice (STJ) upheld a lower court ruling earlier this week that had found in favour of the CBF. Coca-Cola Indústrias was found to have used unauthorised images in a campaign that ran in Brazil in 2009.
The Third Chamber of the STJ endorsed a sentence previously passed by the Justice Tribunal in Rio de Janeiro, which found that the company had profited from misuse by imitation of a uniform that is property of CBF during Brazil's World Cup 2010 qualification campaign.
STJ rapporteur Villas Bôas Cueva said the advertising push utilised approximated symbols ... with the objective of “using an image with rights reserved to CBF”.
Rio's Justice Tribunal had determined that the value of lost profits will be determined through arbitration.
The Brazilian Soft Drinks Market: What Consumers Drink and Why?
This report provides the results for the Soft Drinks market in Brazil from Canadean’s unique, highly detailed study of consumers’ Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) consumption habits, and forms part of an...read more
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read comment pieces written by our regular columnists on j...
Coca-Cola face a challenging situation in which economic recovery is fragile in developed markets, while China and Brazil are seeing a slowdown in sales. Consumers’ desire for diverse and healthy beve...
Worries about the health and safety of sports and energy drinks continued to grow in 2013. Off-trade value sales of sports and energy drinks grew by 4% in 2013 after growing by 9% in 2012. Off-trade v...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research