GLOBAL: Coca-Cola Co to "mobilise" behind anti-obesity drive - CEO
Coca-Cola launched an anti-obesity ad last week
The head of the Coca-Cola Co wants to use his company's marketing might to drive home anti-obesity education.
At the World Economic Forum in Davos today (24 January), Muhtar Kent told Bloomberg TV that the solution to obesity is awareness. “Professionally and personally, I would not feel right if I did not mobilise all the resources of my company to be part of this solution,” he said.
“Because we are a marketing company and a marketing business of brands, we believe that we can provide critical awareness to consumers.”
Last week, Coca-Cola unveiled an anti-obesity ad in the US and admitted it has an “important role” to play in the fight against the health issue.
The interview can be viewed below.
Coca-Cola Co's chief executive Muhtar Kent has argued that the group's second quarter performance is an "anomaly" caused by a combination of uncontrollable factors and not a "systemic" issue. ...
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research