GLOBAL: Coca-Cola Co to "mobilise" behind anti-obesity drive - CEO
Coca-Cola launched an anti-obesity ad last week
The head of the Coca-Cola Co wants to use his company's marketing might to drive home anti-obesity education.
At the World Economic Forum in Davos today (24 January), Muhtar Kent told Bloomberg TV that the solution to obesity is awareness. “Professionally and personally, I would not feel right if I did not mobilise all the resources of my company to be part of this solution,” he said.
“Because we are a marketing company and a marketing business of brands, we believe that we can provide critical awareness to consumers.”
Last week, Coca-Cola unveiled an anti-obesity ad in the US and admitted it has an “important role” to play in the fight against the health issue.
The interview can be viewed below.
Coca-Cola Co's chief executive Muhtar Kent has argued that the group's second quarter performance is an "anomaly" caused by a combination of uncontrollable factors and not a "systemic" issue. ...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research