GLOBAL: Coca-Cola Co to "mobilise" behind anti-obesity drive - CEO
Coca-Cola launched an anti-obesity ad last week
The head of the Coca-Cola Co wants to use his company's marketing might to drive home anti-obesity education.
At the World Economic Forum in Davos today (24 January), Muhtar Kent told Bloomberg TV that the solution to obesity is awareness. “Professionally and personally, I would not feel right if I did not mobilise all the resources of my company to be part of this solution,” he said.
“Because we are a marketing company and a marketing business of brands, we believe that we can provide critical awareness to consumers.”
Last week, Coca-Cola unveiled an anti-obesity ad in the US and admitted it has an “important role” to play in the fight against the health issue.
The interview can be viewed below.
Coca-Cola Co's chief executive Muhtar Kent has argued that the group's second quarter performance is an "anomaly" caused by a combination of uncontrollable factors and not a "systemic" issue. ...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends