MEXICO: Coca-Cola Co to install drinking water fountains in schools
Coca-Cola is targetting 741 schools
The Coca-Cola Co is to supply drinking water fountains to Mexican schools in a joint investment worth MXN26m (US$2m).
The soft drinks maker, which in January was hit by a sugar tax in the country, will help install “hydration centres” at 741 schools nation-wide, it said last week. The programme is in partnership with Latin America’s second largest Coca-Cola bottler, the Mexcio-based Arca Continental, and will benefit an estimated 169,000 students and teachers.
The fountains will “look after the Mexican youth through hydration, which is fundamental to their development”, said the Coca-Cola Mexico Foundation, the company''s charity arm in the country.
January's sugar tax added MXN1 (US$0.08) to a litre of “sugar-sweetened” beverage and is seen by the Government as a way to tackle Mexico's problems with obesity-related diseases such as diabetes.
According to the form 10-K filed in February 2014, Coca-Cola has five strategic priorities. “Accelerate sparkling growth, led by brand Coca-Cola; Strategically expand our profitable still portfolio; I...
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Coca-Cola face a challenging situation in which economic recovery is fragile in developed markets, while China and Brazil are seeing a slowdown in sales. Consumers’ desire for diverse and healthy beve...
In 2013, off-trade value sales of concentrates grew by 10% to reach US$1.8 billion, while off-trade volume sales of liquid concentrates grew by 34% to reach 18 million litres. The liquid concentrates ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo H1 sales flatline as Q2 improves
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research