MEXICO: Coca-Cola Co to install drinking water fountains in schools
Coca-Cola is targetting 741 schools
The Coca-Cola Co is to supply drinking water fountains to Mexican schools in a joint investment worth MXN26m (US$2m).
The soft drinks maker, which in January was hit by a sugar tax in the country, will help install “hydration centres” at 741 schools nation-wide, it said last week. The programme is in partnership with Latin America’s second largest Coca-Cola bottler, the Mexcio-based Arca Continental, and will benefit an estimated 169,000 students and teachers.
The fountains will “look after the Mexican youth through hydration, which is fundamental to their development”, said the Coca-Cola Mexico Foundation, the company''s charity arm in the country.
January's sugar tax added MXN1 (US$0.08) to a litre of “sugar-sweetened” beverage and is seen by the Government as a way to tackle Mexico's problems with obesity-related diseases such as diabetes.
According to the form 10-K filed in February 2014, Coca-Cola has five strategic priorities. “Accelerate sparkling growth, led by brand Coca-Cola; Strategically expand our profitable still portfolio; I...
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Coca-Cola face a challenging situation in which economic recovery is fragile in developed markets, while China and Brazil are seeing a slowdown in sales. Consumers’ desire for diverse and healthy beve...
After declining in 2009 during the “Great Recession”, off-trade volume sales of bottled water have continued to grow between 2010 and 2013. Off-trade volume sales grew by 6% in 2013 which is double th...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research