US: Coca-Cola Co to acquire Great Plains Coca-Cola Bottling Co
Great Plains Coca-Cola Bottling Co is the fifth-largest independent Coca-Cola bottler in the US
Great Plains Coca-Cola Bottling Co is the fifth-largest independent Coca-Cola drinks bottler in the US, Coca-Cola said yesterday (27 October). Its territories are in Oklahoma and Arkansas.
The privately-held company operates nine facilities and employs around 1,200 workers. Great Plains will become an operating unit within Coca-Cola Refreshments (CCR), a subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Co.
Great Plains Coca-Cola's chairman and CEO, Robert Browne, will assume a role supporting CCR in its "ongoing work to improve its product supply and customer service operations", said Coca-Cola. Pending regulatory approval, the transaction is expected to be completed by the end of the year.
Both Coca-Cola and PepsiCo have sought to gain more control over their bottling operations in the US. Last year, Coca-Cola bought Coca-Cola Enterprises' North American bottling operations for $3.4bn, while PepsiCo acquired Pepsi Bottling Group and PepsiAmericas in a $7.8bn deal a year earlier.
PepsiCo was never going to win many prizes for its first-quarter showing, but management is keen to show that its mammoth restructuring plan is a case of 'so far, so good'....
Coca-Cola FEMSA has reported a strong start to 2012, with recent purchases contributing to double digit increase across the board....
The Coca-Cola Co has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment, and announced the appointment of a new VP....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"