US: Coca-Cola Co targets teens with cola campaign - video
The Coca-Cola Co has claimed it is “speaking to teens in their language” with a new campaign for its namesake cola brand that includes the company's first wholly consumer-generated ad.
The push, an extension of last year's “The Ahh Effect, will launch this week in the US with a 30-second TV spot on teen-favourite networks, Coca-Cola said yesterday (20 March). A second spot will air at the end of next month made up entirely of video clips submitted by teens that describe what it feels like to take a sip of Coca-Cola.
“Our efforts to connect with teens through ‘The Ahh Effect’ exceeded our expectations in 2013,” said Coca-Cola VP Andy McMillin. “We’re now expanding into real-world activations and TV as the next phase of its evolution.”
A range of websites that were part of The Ahh Effect's original push have been updated with extra content. Coca-Cola has created 61 Ahh.com websites, each accessed by adding one more “h” to the URL.
Meanwhile, behind-the-label content will appear on 20-ounce Coca-Cola products and at partner locations including AMC Theatres, 7-Eleven, McDonalds, Domino’s Pizza, Simon Malls and Six Flags, the company said.
Financial details of the campaign were not disclosed.
At a conference in London this week, Coca-Cola's CFO admitted that 2013 had been a “bump in the road” for the company, with sales and profits falling.
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research