THAILAND: Coca-Cola Co targets shy Thais in new push - video
The campaign will roll out around 250m cans and bottles across Thailand, the country's Coca-Coca unit said this week. A THB140m (US$4.5m) investment will support the push, which is the first Share a Coke campaign in Asia to feature popular local compliments alongside names and nicknames.
A spokesperson for Coca-Cola Thailand told just-drinks today (26 September) that the campaign is to “encourage shy Thai teenagers to express their feelings”. Other compliments include “cute one”, “sincere one” and “single one”.
The Share a Coke campaign first launched in Australia in 2011 and now runs in about 50 Coca-Cola markets. In most countries, including the UK, Japan and China, cans and bottles are printed with popular local christian names, or family names such as “mum” or “uncle”.
The new Thailand push follows the launch of a special edition “Share a Coke with Mum” can last month.
An analyst yesterday warned that Coca-Cola has lost ground to PepsiCo this year in China's bottled water market.
The G8 Soft Drinks industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The guide al...
The low-calorie soft drinks segment is struggling globally, which is ironic considering the pressure that has come to bear on full-sugar CSDs in recent years. This month, Richard Corbett considers how...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Bottled Water market to grow at a CAGR of 5.4 percent over the period 2012-2016. The population is increasing in many countries and this is one of the key fact...
The Coca-Cola Co has claimed it is "speaking to teens in their language" with a new campaign for its namesake cola brand that includes the company's first wholly consumer-generated ad. ...
PepsiCo has joined the Coca-Cola Co in committing to "a zero-tolerance" policy on the land displacements that have fuelled the sugar trade....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research