US: Coca-Cola Co taps Facebook for Vitaminwater extension
The Coca-Cola Co has launched a consumer promotion via Facebook for its Vitaminwater bottled water brand in the US.
The company's North American unit said earlier this week that it will use the social networking website to invite consumers to create a brand extension for Vitaminwater.
Starting last Tuesday (8 September), consumers can log on to www.facebook.com/vitaminwater and vote for their favourite flavour or flavour combination. Then, a series of questions will help consumers highlight their functional requirements from a drink.
Finally, consumers will be invited to submit a name for the new beverage, as well as design a label and provide copy for the bottle.
"This programme is all about listening to our consumers," said Rohan Oza, chief marketing officer of Glacéau, which produces Vitaminwater for Coca-Cola. "We're excited to take crowd-sourcing to a whole new level."
The winning entry will be announced in December, before launching across the US in March, for a suggested retail price of US$1.49 per bottle.
The Coca-Cola Co has launched a marketing campaign in the US targeted at the "next generation of young adult Diet Coke drinkers"....
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett has backed Coca-Cola Co's plan to acquire the North American operations of its largest bottler, Coca-Cola Enterprises....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range