US: Coca-Cola Co. spends US$100,000 on lobbying
The Coca-Cola Co. spent US$100,000 on lobbying the US government in the first half of this year, according to a recent filing.
The company spent the money lobbying the treasury department on international tax reform issues and other related matters. The declaration was made in a disclosure form posted online last month.
Since 1995, under federal law, lobbyists are required to disclose activities that could influence members of the executive and legislative branches and report the financial sum of any lobbying during the first six months of each year.
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The Coca-Cola Co. and Illycaffè have finalised their global joint venture, kickstarting it with the launch of three premium RTD coffee products across a number of European markets....
Trading in the securities of US soft drinks company Beverage Creations has been suspended, due to "manipulative forces or deceptive practices"....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has acquired a franchised Coca-Cola bottling company in Mexia, Texas....
The best-selling new US beverage in 2007 was Vault, a soft drink owned by Coca-Cola Co., which hit sales of $70m, according to industry analysts IRI....
The Coca-Cola Co.'s CEO was given a raise of over 3% last year, compared to what he took home the year before....
Simply Orange Juice Co. is entering the third year of its offer to give US consumers a bag of fresh oranges if they do not agree that its juice tastes "as fresh as a juicy orange"....
The Coca-Cola Co. paid around US$1.7m last year on Government lobbying in the US, according to recent records....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018