US: Coca-Cola Co. snaps up Fuze Beverage
Coca-Cola Co. has bought the company behind the range of Fuze enhanced juices and teas and WaterPlus enhanced waters for an undisclosed sum. The deal, announced today (1 February), will also see Coke attain the license for Fuze's NOS energy drink brand.
Fuze will continue to operate as a stand-alone entity of Coca-Cola, the Atlanta-based soft drinks giant said.
Sandy Douglas, president, Coca-Cola North America, said the Fuze brands would be a "strong complement" to the company's portfolio.
Lance Collins, founder and CEO of Fuze Beverage added: "We see this as a great opportunity to further accelerate the growth of our brand portfolio and take the business to the next level."
Some 20 Coca-Cola bottlers handle the Fuze stable. John Brock, CEO of Coca-Cola Enterprises, which currently does not distribute the Fuze line-up, said: "Fuze's innovative line-up of distinctive non-carbonated brands will significantly enhance our product portfolio."
Mark Swartzberg, an analyst at US bank Stifel Nicolaus, added: "The acquisition of FUZE is small, but strategic, in our opinion, as TCCC can leverage its distribution system to improve sales of a perceived healthful brand."
This week, The Coca-Cola Co. snapped up niche US firm Fuze Beverage. The acquisition signals a realisation from Coca-Cola Co. that it needs to bolster its presence outside the carbonates market in the...
Coca-Cola could be about to acquire the Highland Spring brand to revive its presence in the UK bottled water market. And, writes Annette Farr, Highland Spring's recent decision to change its classific...
Cadbury Schweppes has delayed the sale process for its US drinks business due to the current "extreme volatility" of the debt markets....
Coca-Cola FEMSA has posted a strong lift in second quarter operating profit....
Groupe Danone has declined to comment over recent speculation that it is looking at potential acquisitions within the Indian bottled water market....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has posted a slide in second quarter net profit, despite a lift in sales....
PepsiCo has agreed to provide more information on the label of its Aquafina water brand regarding its source....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced details of its next quarterly dividend....
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research