US: Coca-Cola Co. silent on Glaceau purchase talk
Coca-Cola Co. has declined to comment on speculation linking it to US bottled water producer Glaceau.
A report in today's (25 April) Wall Street Journal has claimed that the drinks giant is in talks to either buy a stake in or acquire outright the water company. Last August, Indian conglomerate The Tata Group bought a 30% stake in Glaceau for US$677m.
Citing a person familiar with the situation, the Wall Street Journal claimed that agreement has yet to be reached between Coca-Cola Co. and Glaceau, and negotiations could still collapse.
When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for Coca-Cola Co. declined to comment on the claims. "We will not be drawn on media speculation," he said. The spokesperson also said he "wouldn't like to speculate" on whether Glaceau would be a good fit for Coca-Cola.
Glaceau is the producer of the Vitaminwater 'enhanced' water brand in the US.
The Coca-Cola Company has confirmed its latest dividend payments and announced two senior management appointments....
The Coca-Cola Co. has posted a healthy lift in net profit for its third quarter....
The Coca-Cola Co. and illycaffè have signed a global joint venture focusing on the ready-to-drink coffee category....
The Coca-Cola Co. has opened a Chinese medicine research centre in Beijing....
The Coca-Cola Co. has had its share coverage upped....
Coca Cola FEMSA and the Coca-Cola Co. have launched a tender public offering to buy 100% of the shares of the juice company Jugos del Valle....
The Coca-Cola Co. has invested US$2m in Recyclebank, a rewards programme that motivates people to recycle in the US....
The Coca-Cola Co. spent US$100,000 on lobbying the US government in the first half of this year, according to a recent filing....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk