US: Coca-Cola Co. silent on Glaceau purchase talk
Coca-Cola Co. has declined to comment on speculation linking it to US bottled water producer Glaceau.
A report in today's (25 April) Wall Street Journal has claimed that the drinks giant is in talks to either buy a stake in or acquire outright the water company. Last August, Indian conglomerate The Tata Group bought a 30% stake in Glaceau for US$677m.
Citing a person familiar with the situation, the Wall Street Journal claimed that agreement has yet to be reached between Coca-Cola Co. and Glaceau, and negotiations could still collapse.
When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for Coca-Cola Co. declined to comment on the claims. "We will not be drawn on media speculation," he said. The spokesperson also said he "wouldn't like to speculate" on whether Glaceau would be a good fit for Coca-Cola.
Glaceau is the producer of the Vitaminwater 'enhanced' water brand in the US.
The Coca-Cola Company has confirmed its latest dividend payments and announced two senior management appointments....
The Coca-Cola Co. has posted a healthy lift in net profit for its third quarter....
The Coca-Cola Co. and illycaffè have signed a global joint venture focusing on the ready-to-drink coffee category....
The Coca-Cola Co. has opened a Chinese medicine research centre in Beijing....
The Coca-Cola Co. has had its share coverage upped....
Coca Cola FEMSA and the Coca-Cola Co. have launched a tender public offering to buy 100% of the shares of the juice company Jugos del Valle....
The Coca-Cola Co. has invested US$2m in Recyclebank, a rewards programme that motivates people to recycle in the US....
The Coca-Cola Co. spent US$100,000 on lobbying the US government in the first half of this year, according to a recent filing....
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends