INDIA: Coca-Cola Co silent on bottled water plant report
The Coca-Cola Co is committed to investing US$5bn in India over the next eight years
The Indian unit of the Coca-Cola Co has declined to confirm local reports that it is building a INR2bn (US$36.9m) production facility for its bottled water brand in the country.
Last week, India's Economic Times said Coca-Cola is to build the country's biggest production facility for bottled water in Gujarat, citing an official involved in the development. The report said the plant will be able to produce 700 bottles a minutes and test new products. It said the facility may also be able to produce carbonated beverages.
The Hindustan arm of the company said it will invest in the Kinley brand, but did not comment further on the reported greenfield project in the western state. “Our plans include investments behind manufacturing and distribution of Kinley in the next two to three years but we are unable to share the exact details at this point,” Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages said late Friday (21 September).
Coca-Cola has committed to investing US$5bn in India over the next eight years to target the nation's growing demand from newly affluent residents.
Last week, Coca-Cola announced it was splitting its India and South West Asia unit into two separate operations.
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research