US: Coca-Cola Co silent on 90-calorie cans
The Coca-Cola Co. has declined to comment on a report that it is to launch its flagship Coca-Cola drink in so-called "90-calorie cans".
The soft drinks giant is planning to launch smaller cans of Coke next year as part of its push to offer healthier beverage choices, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reported this week.
When contacted by just-drinks yesterday (6 October), a Coca-Cola spokesperson refused to confirm or deny the report.
A regular 12oz can of Coca-Cola contains around 140 calories.
Last week, the group said it will print calorie information per serving on all products worldwide in order to increase consumers' awareness about the calorie content of its soft drinks.
The Coca-Cola Co this week began construction of a bottling plant in Malaysia in the first step of a MYR1bn (US$285m) investment in the country over the next five years....
The Coca-Cola Co is to launch its first global marketing campaign for Powerade....
The Coca-Cola Co this month began construction of a bottling plant in Malaysia as part of its plan to invest MYR1bn (US$285m) in the country over the next five years....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report